Job 07-25-12 Cyber Information Assurance Policy Analyst:
Serve as a mid-level policy analyst. Support strategic transformational efforts by working directly with senior policy analysts in providing input an analysis on a wide range of DoD policy topics, including Information Assurance (IA), acquisition, financial analysis, and business process reengineering. Support the ongoing DIACAP release through the deployment of the C&A automated tool. Use problem solving and troubleshooting techniques in resolving user issues related to the DIACAP policy and the associated knowledge repository.
3+ years of experience with information security, information assurance, FISMA, or DIACAP policy
Experience in using advanced expertise with Microsoft Office and other products
Ability to write decision and information papers
Ability to obtain a security clearance
BA or BS degree
Experience with statistical and financial analysis
Experience with DoD preferred
Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills
MA or MS degree in Management or Information Security
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Integrating the full range of consulting capabilities, Booz Allen is the one firm that helps clients solve their toughest problems, working by their side to help them achieve their missions. Booz Allen is committed to delivering results that endure.
We are proud of our diverse environment, EOE, M/F/D/V.
Job 07-19-12 Senior Systems Engineer:
Blue Ridge Information Systems has an opening for a Senior Systems Engineer to support the Vanguard 2.2.1 program at Dept of State. The Vanguard 2.2.1 program provides transparent, interconnected systems and security support for the Department of State (DoS) Bureau of Information Resource Management (IRM) program. The IRM program supports the Department of State to successfully carry out its U.S. foreign policy mission by providing enterprise architecture design, engineering, operations and maintenance support services for desktop computers, servers, networks, firewalls, and enterprise applications.
This position is in support of the Department of State as a part of the Vanguard 2.2.1 contract. A current TS security clearance is required for consideration. The candidate will be responsible for the development of system engineering designs for IT projects. The candidate will research, analyze, evaluate and integrate as necessary new and emerging technologies in order to find ways to deliver a superior IT environment to the bureaus in a cost effective and secure manner. The candidate will support the continuing goal of incorporating these innovative technologies into the Department's equipment modernization program. The successful candidate will be a self-starter, someone who can work independently, and will be flexible in a fast-paced environment.
Work with project stakeholders to determine their functional requirements.
Architect, design, develop, and deploy IT systems.
Act as the technical team lead for integration projects.
Implement and support a variety of applications and analyze traffic across the DoS network.
Conduct Technical Exchange Meetings.
Reviewing and documenting functionality of existing legacy applications.
Create test plans, technical specifications, and white papers as required.
Communicate regularly to project leads regarding project activities and status.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: •Bachelor's degree with 10+ years recent system engineering experience. Additional training and experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree. •Experience performing requirements analysis, system design, testing, integration and deployment of complex IT systems. •Strong ability to multi-task and work independently. •Experience leading system integration projects as the technical lead. •Experience architecting system interfaces and managing project risks based on system dependencies. •Experience working with customers to capture/document requirements. •Currently possess a TS clearance.
ADDITIONAL DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS: •DoS processes. •Microsoft and/or networking certifications. •Ability to apply ITIL v3 Foundation concepts within the workplace. •Excellent interpersonal and team skills. • Strong writing skills.
Job 03-26-12 Network Operations Specialist
Exciting career opportunity for an Network Operations Specialist (System Administrator II) to join one of the region’s fastest growing companies. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
The System Administrator II is responsible for troubleshooting and determining root cause of complex network and systems problems and serving as an escalation point for level I System Administrators.
Responsible for: 1. Resolving escalated trouble tickets from level I System Administrators. 2. Performing server maintenance and updates; replacing server hardware as needed. 3. Applying system software updates and patches. 4. Monitoring, analyzing, trouble-shooting, resolving server event logs, router/switch event logs and complex issues. 5. Ensuring compliance with DISA mandated information assurance guidelines. 6. Generating maintenance proposal request forms and after action reports using established procedures. 7. Participating in the implementation phase for projects that will be migrating to an Operations and Maintenance phase. 8. Spending time each week staying current on industry trends and available products and services as workload allows. 9. Maintain System Architecture and inventory, make recommendations for improvements and assist with developing procurement request.
Requirements: 1. Associates Degree in Related Field of Study or Four-Years Active Military in Related MOS 2. 3-4 Years Experience Administering Network Routers, Switches, Firewalls, and IPSs 3. 4 Years Experience Administering Application Servers, including Microsoft Exchange, DNS, and Network Management Applications 4. 3-4 Years Experience Administering Microsoft Active Directory Environments, including managing User/Group Accounts and Global Group Policies 5. 1-2 Years Experience Administering Enterprise Storage Array Systems 6. Strong Understanding of IP Networking and Effective Troubleshooting Methodologies 7. Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
Desired Skills: 1. A Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Math, or Physics from an ABET Accredited University or College. 2. Professional Level Certifications in Microsoft, Cisco, EMC, or Security 3. Experience Administering Data Encryption Devices
Job 3-5-12-MS Exchange Administrator
This is a Swing Shift which requires work hours between 3:30PM-11:15PM. Top Secret clearance is required.
Performs onsite Tier 2 technical support for MS Exchange 2003/2010 and Active Directory
- monitor MS SCOM alerts to proactively respond, analyze, and troubleshoots alerts to avoid potential incidents that may cause system/network backlogs - escalate incidents/problems to Tier 3 Exchange engineers via Remedy and assist engineers in root cause analysis. - update all assigned tickets capturing troubleshooting activities and resolution; for identified problems upload resolution to SharePoint in order to promote information sharing across the team - monitor and track incidents in Remedy ticketing system in support of the incident and problem management process; recognize high priority tickets and take action within the expected response time - monitor MS server performance, run routine server diagnostic tests, perform and monitor system backups, perform cluster failovers - monitor Exchange message queues, resolve non-deliveries, perform message tracking and record status/findings in daily operations log - provide input into IRM/MSO/EML/NCC SOPs - create user accounts and mailboxes; perform mailbox moves/restores; create PST files - Support Tier 3 engineers in patch and release management by installing monthly MS security patches, hot fixes, and anti-virus updates (e.g., Symantec and ScanMail), and updates of Host Intrusion Detection systems.Bachelor’s degree (or 6 years of experience in lieu of Bachelors) in information technology field or 7 years of related technical experience and MSCA/MCP/MSCE/CCNA/Comptia Network+/Security+/ITIL V3 certification(s) or 10 years of related technical experience with no degree. Current experience with the following technology applications is highly desired: MS Exchange 2003/2010, MS SCOM/SCCM Required Certifications: ITIL V3 Foundations certification is desired. Prior experience working within the Department of State IRM bureau will be considered as a significant plus. Candidates must be willing to: travel within the Washington DC Metro area to support various program initiatives; support a rotational on-call posture after normal working hours in response to technical support requests; and travel within and outside the continental United States, if required (not to exceed 10%).
Job 12-2-11-Business Analyst Lead
The candidate will have experience gathering requirements, designing feature-based systems, and supporting the software development life cycle. This person will act in a consultative manner with the customer groups as well as the development organization in determining the best approaches for providing customer solutions. The person must be an innovative, analytical, thinker in order to develop conceptual informatics solutions to scientific problems and integration into other information systems, internally and externally.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Serves as the primary resource for gathering, validating, analyzing and documenting the stated business requirements, and the creation of the project use cases, visual models, requirements specifications, and reports • Leads and manages requirements and analysis activities • Articulates requirements, makes recommendations for process and business flows, develops consensus on requirements, and documents requirements via the approved process and templates • Serves as primary contact with the Subject Matter Experts and the champion of their needs across the software development life cycle • Maintain and report on various project metrics as required.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
BA/BS Degree or Equivalent
• Must have 10+ years experience in leading requirements capture, management and analysis activities along all phases of the software development life cycle, including conducting user interviews, leading and facilitating JAD sessions, and developing business process models and formal specifications. • Team player. Works well as a team member in a high-stress, often time sensitive, unpredictable requirement environment
· Experience with either Healthcare claims, fraudulent payment detection and/or analytic predictive modeling
· Experience developing business, functional and non-functional system requirements for complex enterprise systems
• Solid oral and written communication skills, with the demonstrated ability to communicate complex technical topics to management and non-technical audiences • Able to attend meetings, take notes, and later replicates notes in a high level of detail in order to relay any complex meeting discussions and/or concepts • Excellent analytical skills, the ability to integrate information from multiple sources to execute effectively and efficiently in a dynamic environment
• Strong problem-solving skills and ability to comprehend database methodologies • Experience providing customer and/or PMO status reporting • Experience with MS Project • Must be able to obtain a Position of Trust designation
Job 12-1-11-Operations Planner The Cyber Operations Planning position is a contingent hire position that will support a large government contract that is at the front edge of protecting the nation’s greatest information. The Cyber Planner provides planning, policy, requirements, and operations support for DHS. Responsibilities include identification and development of mission enhancement opportunities, reporting on evolving Cyber policy trends and issues, and review and evaluate cyber policy directives/documents. Conduct research that focuses on rapidly emerging cyber threats, and the methods and processes employed by adversary employment of cyber warfare techniques, as well as offensive capabilities. Conduct engineering design and development to create technical capabilities that offer Cyber solutions to DHS. Recommend investments in hardware and software capabilities that will ensure cutting edge analysis and development of cyber warfare intrusion sets and TTP. The Cyber Planner will provide support to an enhance Cyber requirements analysis and tracking process, including highly focused studies and analyses to support development of processes for the identification, refinement, and prioritization methodology of Cyber requirements. This position also requires technical writing, preparation and delivery of briefings, attendance at conference and seminars, and scheduling and coordination meetings/deliverables, and providing direct support to Government action officers in creating and coordinating Cyber courses of action based on developed requirements.
Basic Qualifications: Experience in technical writing, preparation and delivery of briefings, attendance at conference and seminars, and scheduling and coordination meetings/ deliverables, and providing direct support to Government action officers in creating and coordinating Cyber courses of action based on developed requirements. Bachelors degree and 5 years of experience required. 9 years of experience in lieu of college degree.
Job 9-16-11- Recruiter. Excellent communication skills required. We are seeking recruiters who are relationship builders, pro-active and are forward thinkers.
Job 8-31-11-MIS-Database Engineer.The individual will be on the Database Team and be responsible for developing, implementing, and maintaining multiple operational, test, and development database servers and instances on Red Hat Linux platforms. The individual will work the day shift and also provide periodic 24x7 Operational DB support rotating on-call duties with the other Database Team members. Daily duties will involve assisting development/testing/operations teams with database problems/questions, including: export/import of database schemas to new databases, SQL syntax assistance, installations of new Oracle software, updates to existing software, monitoring database activity for space or hardware issues, and providing performance tuning assistance when required. Other duties will include implementing and utilizing backup and recovery procedures for multiple databases, using RMAN, export and hot backup strategies; assisting developers/system engineers in designing more efficient database, tables, code and procedures; and documenting database information in a configuration management package.
Job 9-1-11- IT Technology Specialists
Responsibility for the design, development and administration of a complex application used to track nuclear weapons (DTRA DIAMONDS). Applicants must have a minimum of 5 years experience with the DTRA DIAMONDS application. Applicant must be qualified to design and develop software, apply theories and principles of computer science and mathematical analysis to create, test, and evaluate the software applications, databases and systems.
Must be an expert in the theory of computing systems, the structure of software, and the nature and limitations of hardware to ensure that the underlying systems will work properly.
Experience with analyzing users' needs, solution design, testing, and debugging. Experienced with relational database design, data modeling, and stored procedures.
• Developing new applications and improve existing systems
• Maintaining existing DIAMOND application
• Innovation of new data visualization and presentation techniques
• Creating code that meets system standards
• Analyzing methods to efficiently address software system requirements
• Ability to work remotely with minimal supervision
Desired Technical requirements:
• Ability to apply technical standards, principles, theories and techniques
• Possess problem solving capabilities
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Operating systems (e.g., UNIX-based or Windows-based)
• Databases, (e.g., Oracle and/or SQL)
• Virtualization knowledge
• Oracle certification and Masters Degree a plus
Education: Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in an engineering field, plus a minimum of ten (10) years of experience. In lieu of experience minimum, specialized technological expertise or education will be considered.
Job 9-5-11 Records Management
Primary Duties/Responsibilities: The candidate will process (data entry, logging,filing and photocopying) of outgoing government generated correspondence. Processes letters, notifications, reviews, memos, etc. Provides assistance to government personnel. Assists with file maintenance tasks such as – filing, checking order of volumes/files, and reorganizing volumes as needed. Opens incoming mail processing & distribution. Creates, affixes and scans barcode labels. Photocopies. Performs retirement and storage activities associated with records management tasks. Provides clerical support to project staff. Performs general office or computer support duties such as performing standard work processing following detailed guidelines; operating basic computer equipment or peripheral office equipment; running scheduled computer reports and filing. Duties are simple and repetitive and performed under close supervision or with detailed verbal or written instructions. Note: The following duties are in addition to the above and are directed toward those employees who shall be functioning as Drivers and/or Couriers.Performs duties associated with basic clerical functions Picks-up and delivers materials (mail, envelopes, jackets, boxes, small office equipment, supplies, etc.) from designated locations driving a full-size van or other vehicle as appropriate. Maintains vehicles for required services and adheres to safety and security rules.
Qualificiations: Document processing requiring familiarity with document room terminology; knowledge with proper methods and procedures such as document workflow and identification; understanding simple data entry fields; selecting and identifying relevant data; labeling, jacketing, logging, assignments and all associated data entry. Must be capable of lifting and moving standard boxes (30 lbs.). Couriers and drives must be capable of lifting up to 40 lbs. Minimum Experience: Two (2) years in office or computer operations. Two (2) years related experience with document and file processing techniques.
Job 9-6-11 Quality Assurance-
The Quality Assurance Specialist (QAS) for Export Certificates will respond to a wide range of inquiries received from stakeholders. These inquiries include, but are not limited to, the reviewing and processing of requests for Certificates of Exportability and Certificates to Foreign Government. He/She will also ensure quality assurance and control of the data entry accuracy and correctness, document control and processing, and overall quality of the performance of the scope of work. Other QAS duties include: • Review Certificates of Exportability and Certificates to Foreign Government that are submitted by manufacturers and distributors of medical devices; o Ensure that all firms are registered, inspected and that all products appear to be medical devices; o Ensure that all documentation is accurate, complete and meets the guidelines set by the Food and Drug Administration; • Provide assistance and direction to firms and establishments with meeting compliance requirements, as those requirements pertain to the domestic and foreign export of their products. • Receive, review, and date-stamp Export Certificate applications; • Perform classification, indexing, and data entry; • Verify the Export Certificate information for accuracy and completeness; • Verify the Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) profile status for all referenced manufacturing sites; • Produce a draft version of the certificate for quality review and for FDA approval; • Complete the Export Certificate process and send the certificate for the requestor.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Excellent computer skills and experience with the querying and use of databases. They will also function as the vocabulary specialists, having knowledge of, and experience with, medical devices and device terminology in a clinical or commercial environment or in a health information processing environment.
Our QA Specialist staff will conduct in-depth research as required and have a strong knowledge of medical terms and knowledge of medical devices. The QA Specialist staff must also have experience in querying on the Internet.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Four-year college degree, preferably in a health, nursing or science-related field. The ideal candidate should possess knowledge of quality assurance and control practices and processes.
"Job Creation in the HUBzone region is goal number one!"
Blue Ridge Information Systems is located in beautiful Warren County, Virginia.